Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter morning started off busy at 5:30am. I got ready in a hurry, dashed quickly to my car, and headed speedily down the highway to my friends Church. The sunrise service was beautiful, but ended quick because of the chili weather conditions. After breakfast, Sunday School and another morning service, I dashed to my car once again and headed to yet another Church service at my own Church. Speeding to get to my next destination, I suddenly realized that I had not even stopped and to ponder Christ's death and thank Him for dying on the cross so that I could free from the bondage of sin.
In my shame, I was humbled and asked God's forgivness. I had been so busy going to all these "services" that I forgot the real meaning of Easter and why I going to celebrate.
I was then reminded of how we get so caught up in life that we forget the real meaning of it. We get so busy going and doing that we do not (as the old saying goes) "stop and smell the roses". Take time today to just live. Forget about what your to-do-list and just stop, breath and thank God for His goodness in your life.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the reminder, Erika! It is sooo easy to get caught up in doing instead of being.
    Love ya!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete