Thursday, April 2, 2009

Life

Life: What's the meaning of it?

As I was relaxing outside enjoying the sun today, I thought about life. My mind began to wonder and I thought about why we are here on this earth. Were we created to fly through life waiting for the next big thing?

A mentor of mine often says tells the story of 10 year old Sam. He was dying to get his to get to highschool, he was dying to get his licence. If I could just graduate already, then I'll be off to college, he thought. After he went to college he was just dying to graduate college. The day came when he grauated college and he could not wait to start his new job. Then, he was just dying to get married, and dying to have children. After he and his wife had children, he was dying for them to grow up and get out of his house. He, then, awaited for the day when he could retire and do whatever he wanted. One day Sam woke up and realized that he was dying!

God did not mean for life to be lived this way. He created us for a bigger purpose. Something bigger than going to college, getting our dream job, getting married, living a 9 to 5, then retire.
We were made to worship and love something bigger than ourselves, our Creator. Eternity is what counts. Smile at someone today, go the extra mile for a friend, tell the ones you love how much you appreciate them.

Are you going to live for that house you've always wanted, that promotion, the "next big thing"?
Or will you live for something bigger? Will you live each day to the fullest?

I want to Live Like I Were Dying, like the song says. (Tim McGraw)
I went skydiving
Iwent rocky mountian climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull neamed Fumanchu
and I loved deeper
and I spoke sweeter
and I gave forgivness I'd been denying
and he said some day I hope you get the chance
to live like you were dying


Let us learn to make the most of our lives, those boring days when we cannot wait for something exciting to happen, the times when things are not going as we planned. If Sam had appreciated each day for what it was worth, maybe he wouldn't have any regrets. Choose to live with no regrets. The "in- betweens" is what makes up life.

No comments:

Post a Comment